The Hong Leong Group’s major push into the property business began in the late 1960s when it consolidated most of its property interests and investments in Hong Leong Holdings Limited. The Group bought a majority stake in City Developments Limited, and transformed it from a loss-making company into a profitable property giant and bellwether stock on the Singapore Stock Exchange.
As a major commercial landlord and landowner in Singapore’s competitive real estate market, the Group collectively owns over 8 million square feet of lettable office, industrial, retail and residential space. It is also the largest residential developer in Singapore with nearly one in every five private homes sold in 2013 built by the Hong Leong Group.
Over the past five decades, the Group has developed many iconic properties along the Singapore skyline and positioned itself as a market leader with more than 130 quality residential properties and over 100 premium commercial and mixed-use developments, including projects like One Shenton, The Tate residences, Sage, The St. Regis Hotel and Residences, Singapore, W Singapore- Sentosa Cove, The Residences at W Singapore- Sentosa Cove and Quayside Isle.
CITY DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED
City Develoments Limited (CDL) has been at the forefront of Singapore’s property sector ever since its inception in 1963. Today, CDL is a listed international property and hotel conglomerate involved in real estate development and investment, hotel ownership and management, facilities management, as well as the provision of hospitality solutions. The CDL group has an extensive network of more than 300 subsidiaries and associated companies under its wings, including seven companies listed on notable stock exchanges in New Zealand, Hong Kong, London and Philippines.
Visit www.cdl.com.sg for the company’s latest news.
HONG LEONG HOLDINGS LIMITED
Hong Leong Holdings Limited was established in 1968 as the group’s privately held property investment and property holding vehicle. It has developed close to 100 residential properties and manages about 10 commercial projects.
Email Hong Leong Holdings Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact information, correspondence address and your preferences if you wish to be informed of new property launches.
TID PTE LTD.
TID Pte Ltd. is a joint venture between Hong Leong Group and Mitsui Fudosan, Japan’s largest private developer. With a 35-year history in Singapore, TID Pte Ltd. draws upon a wealth of experience and expertise. Its notable achievements include The St. Regis Singapore Hotel & Residences, The Oceanfront @ Sentosa and the Optima @ Tanah Merah.
HONG REALTY (PRIVATE) LIMITED
Incorporated in 2002, Hong Realty (Private) Limited operates as a subsidiary of Hong Leong Investment Holdings Pte. Ltd.
- Guinness World Record for World’s Largest Vertical Garden
- Ranked 34th on Corporate Knights Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World
- Sustainable Business Awards (SBA) 2014: Environmental Disclosure Award
- Singapore Sustainability Awards 2014: Sustainable Business Awards for Large Enterprise segment
- FIABCI Prix d’Excellence Awards 2014
- Building and Construction Authority (BCA) Awards 2014
- Sustainable Business Awards Singapore – Best Environmental Disclosure
- Carbon Trust Certification Limited – Carbon Trust Standard (Millennium & Copthorne Hotels plc)
- World Gourmet Series Awards of Excellence 2014- Asian Cuisine Chef of the Year (Orchard Hotel Singapore)
- Tripadvisor- Certificate of Excellence 2014 (various hotels)
- Excellent Service Awards 2015 – Silver in the Service Excellence category
- Asian Banking & Finance Retail Banking Awards 2014- ASEAN Finance Company of the Year 2014